Ruth Graham told her husband Billy years ago that God would have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah if He doesn't judge America. They were reflecting on a list of sinful conditions existing in our nation in the 1960s. Things have only deteriorated since then.
I am not saying I know whether this financial crisis is God's judgment or not. It is not for me to know that definitively. Graham's observations are instructive, however.
If Maine's politicians really want to get serious about making Maine strong in light of this national crisis they will do the following immediately:
- Put Maine on record as being against abortion the nanosecond the Supreme Court releases the Roe shackle.
- Defund the Family Planning Association of Maine.
- Amend Maine's Constitution to define Marriage.
- Eliminate domestic partnerships and ignore pleas to create civil unions.
- Unleash Maine's private sector to make Maine energy independent.
- End discrimination against private religious schools and homeschools.